Fundraising Ideas/Wrap Around events
You have your team registered and now you are ready to host a fundraiser/wrap around event, but where to start? Here are a few ideas on what kind of event to have and 10 easy steps to hosting a successful event. The best fundraising ideas are those around your interests that involve people you know that share your interest. Sometime it is easier to ask for donations for our organization, Autism Oklahoma, than for our PieceWalk event. Either way, your team will get credit. If you want help with advertising your event, we have a form that will help us gather the information we need. E-mail us if you need the form. Here are some great ideas....
- If you love to cook, have a cooking fundraiser--like a pie supper, dessert walk, chili-cook off. Charge an entry fee and let people pay to vote on the winner!
- Host your own cupcake war. Who can make the best cupcake?
- If you know lots of mommies and kids, host an arts & craft event to make presents for Christmas. Collect donations for supplies from local stores. Charge a fee to participate and everyone walks away with a perfect gift.
- If you like trivia, have a trivia night.
- If you like to exercise, make an exercise group and issue a challenge. Charge $10 if you miss a workout. OR make it positive and LEAD the group to weight loss. Donate by the pound lost.
- Book a restaurant night. Many local restaurants will donate 10% if you advertise the event. Contact a local restaurant and ask if they host fundraisers. Mention AutismOklahoma/your PieceWalk team and the resturant will give a percentage back to AutismOklahoma
- Involve groups you already meet with... For example, get your business to do a jeans day, charge $2 to wear jeans and donate the money. Ask your boy scout troop leader to do a hike with sponsors from local businesses and friends. Ask your rotary club to consider Autism Oklahoma as their charity beneficiary.
- Host a garage sale
- Make greeting cards or a calendar with facts about autism Have a party with Scentsy or another product that will donate Have a casino night with your friends. Everyone spends $20 and all winnings go to the PieceWalk team.
- Ask your favorite musician to host a concert.
- Set up a tournament with a specific board game, cards, or sport--like bowling, tennis, or darts!
- Plan a local carwash Do an e-mail or facebook campaign asking for donations in honor of your loved one!
Involve the kids, they get this stuff!!! Some of the kids have done lemonade stands, bracelets for friends or a puzzle piece drive at school.
10 Steps to Hosting a Successful Event
- ESTABLISH GOALS - The objective you set for your group should include a financial figure, awareness aims, and recruiting.
- PICK THE IDEAL FUNDRAISER - There are many ideas that you can choose from. See above!!!
- ASK FRIENDS AND FAMILY TO HELP - Ask your family and friends to help with the planning of the event. It is important to maintain close and constant contact with your group members and to motivate and encourage them. Most of these fundraisers need just a few people to help.
- IDENTIFY YOUR PARTICIPANTS - Consider how you can tap into new and creative demographic groups, as well as family, friends, co-workers and other supporters who you can target to participate.
- FINDING A LOCATION Most of the above listed items can be hosted in your home, at your schools, at your churches, etc. with little to no cost to you. Also all restaurant nights are just a phone call away and getting on their rotation.
- SCHEDULE AND PROMOTE YOUR EVENT Consider holidays, local events, and timing. Promotions agreement with AutismOklahoma is required when promoting an AutismOklahoma event; this ensures that you and AutismOklahoma are in agreement about the event before the planning starts. Fill out this form (insert link for them to fill out, can this be through email) by filling out this form AutismOklahoma will help you promote your team fundraiser by promoting it on the AutismOklahoma.org website, e-newsletters and social media sites.
- KEEP RECORDS OF ALL DONATIONS You will want to thank people later so make sure to keep a record of those participants that donated funds, space, goods, volunteers, etc.
- COLLECT THE FUNDS We ask that all funds be forwarded to AutismOklahoma no more than 10 days after the event. Checks should be made payable to AutisOklahoma. Also some events AutismOklahoma can provide a credit card reader along with a representative to facilitate the credit card reader, for such events please make sure you mark that request on your event form.
- THANK YOU! Be sure to thank those who were involved in your event from your listing that you created. 10. AUTISMOKLAHOMA POSTS FUNDS TO YOUR TEAM Once AutismOklahoma receives your donation, we will post this amount directly to your team total. Make sure to list how you would like your donations listed to ensure the acknowledgement of the event. EX: Bake Sale: $1,000.